If you have thought of buying a diesel generator for your maximum stand by power requirements then you should also need to may know advantages and disadvantages of Diesel equipped Generators. Although Diesel charged generator is most economical electrical generation device that also allows you to afford you at best running cost with a comparison to gasoline, propane and natural gas generators. The pros and cons of any electro-mechanical device wholly depends up to its use and general maintenance of the unit at normal routine basis same is also occurs within diesel generators as it also requires some sort of general routine maintenance in order to provide immaculate running performance.
Following are the most essential advantages and disadvantages of diesel powered gensets.
Advantages of Diesel Gensets:
- The diesel as a fuel rated as far cheaper than any other hydro carbonic fluids, the use of diesel in diesel powered generators can save around 28-30% of your expense cost. Along the cost feature diesel consumption is also not so high because it can generate more power at a similar certain amount of quantity. factory direct generators
- The diesel powered generators are supposed to be sufficient power supplying units, you can facilitate power of diesel generators in almost every output range which starts from 15kW~2000kW diesel generators.
- The cost of maintenance of diesel generators are relatively cheaper than gasoline generators because it doesn’t contain spark plugs or carburetor although it do have glow plugs which usually have better running life than spark plugs. In terms of lubrication diesel engines lubricants can also save several bucks with a comparison to gasoline engines.
- The diesel engine is also enough durable than gasoline and other power generating resources if it kept up to date with regular maintenance so it can work last for several years.
- The overall consumption of diesel engines is less than other gensets, despite of fuel efficiency diesel generators also comprises long running feature for maximum number of hours because its also cool down quickly due to water & air cooled engines type.
- The availability of diesel is also no more big issue, the applicability of diesel resource is spread through widely in almost every gas stations.
- Diesel Generator is also available in almost every structural types, it merely depends to power requirements which you are looking for mostly you can easily get portable diesel generators, home diesel generators, standby-generators and power take off are the most prominent available types of diesel generators.
Disadvantages of Diesel Gensets:
- The influential drawback of diesel powered generator is as it produces thunderous way of sound that can be unsustainable at most of times.
- These generators mostly takes some times to ignite than other electrical generators it also gives certain hindrances during starting issues in cold conditions.
- The diesel equipped generators are widely used in industrial applications because it emits dangerous amount of harmful gases during exhaustion and which is considered as vulnerable in terms of emission control policy of such countries. It also produces higher smoke than any other fuel reacting agent.
- Generally, the installation process and its period takes so much time and consume higher cost than installation of other generators. It may be calculated as startup (installing) cost is more than one forth to the real cost of generating unit.
- In case of ignorance of routine checkups to diesel powered generators the after sales service of diesel gensets can cost way higher because mostly diesel contain big & heavy parts which also costs higher in amount.