It is not everyone who wants to be an entrepreneur. Many people are satisfied the way life goes on and are prepared to take things as they come. They do not display any entrepreneur characteristics either. On the other hand there are others who are always enthusiastic, throbbing with ideas and continuously on the look out for opportunities and ways and means of doing things different. In other words they display the typical entrepreneur characteristics that make them stand out from the rest.
Let us see what these characteristics are.
1. Self confidence plays a major role in whatever they do. They ooze with self confidence and inspire confidence among those who work with them. They are ready to take up any challenges and are confident that they will be successful. This is a characteristic absolutely necessary for an entrepreneur.
2. One of the major entrepreneur characteristics they display is the enthusiasm in whatever they do. They are very serious and passionate about whatever they undertake. An enthusiastic person can easily be identified from the rest for he glows and radiates enthusiasm. As Paul J. Meyer says “Enthusiasm glows, radiates, permeates and immediately captures everyone’s interest.” risk as an entrepreneur
3. The leadership characteristics they display are outstanding. They are always in the forefront and are prepared to assume responsibilities and lead from the front. They have the ability to identify problems and sort out issues. They have a vision and pursue that vision relentlessly while inspiring others to do the same.
4. An entrepreneur trait that stands out prominently is self discipline. Until and unless an entrepreneur is disciplined he can never be successful. They motivate themselves to do the things they need to do while many fall by the wayside.
5. They display a sense of urgency when jobs have to done. There is no question of their postponing or delaying any job entrusted to them. They never procrastinate and are quick in completing tasks allotted to them.
6. They will not hesitate to take calculated risks. They will dare do things others will never do. They know that unless you take risks you will not outsmart your competitor. This entrepreneur characteristic is typical of entrepreneurs who have made a success of their business.
7. In whatever environment they are in, thinking big is their nature. They are never short of new ideas and are constantly thinking of expansion and implementing new processes and technologies.
8. One of the important entrepreneur characteristics is the desire to learn and keep up to date with the latest developments in technology. They constantly update their knowledge and are very knowledgeable about their business.
9. They display excellent time management skills which is very essential for an entrepreneur. An important aspect of time management is planning ahead. They have a schedule of the tasks and activities that are important. They plan and execute their work so skillfully and in time that they are seldom or never stressed.